Primary bathrooms have become spaces to relax and refresh both body and soul for our busy lives. No longer intended to just facilitate hygiene, these essential rooms are now designed to inspire through form and finish, as well as with light and layout. Biophilia is a strong element via nature-influenced forms and hues. The effect is luxurious, nuanced and personalized, and the goal is for clients to “bloom” in the space where they start and end their hectic days.
Explore the latest fixtures and faucets, furnishings, and opportunities to enhance your bathroom projects with wellness design consultant and Wellness by Design book author Jamie Gold, CKD, CAPS, MCCWC and global manufacturer and sponsor Duravit. This lively informative KBtribechat on Luxury Bathrooms (With a Wellness Design Emphasis) will take place on Wednesday, December 8th at 2 PM ET/11 AM PT.
Our KBtribchat Questions:
1. How have your primary bathroom projects changed in recent years in terms of budget, size and scope (e.g., incorporating walk-in closets, enhanced wellness features, dressing rooms, fitness areas, etc.)?
2. How does the concept of wellness play into bathroom projects in terms of design and product choice?
3. Are there certain materials and finishes, shapes and or wellness enhancements that you find are very popular in bathroom design at the moment?
4. From a wellness, hygiene and even technology standpoint, what are must-have features of today’s luxury bathroom (i.e., bidets, smart mirrors, etc.)?
5. The freestanding bathtub is often associated with luxury bathrooms, what are a few favorite designs for freestanding bathtubs and accompanying accessories (faucets, backrests, trays etc.)?
6. What are your go-to styles, sizes, configurations and finishes for bathroom sinks and lav faucets?
7. What does wellness design mean to you in terms of bathroom specifications? Show off some of your favorite wellness-enhancing primary bathroom spaces!
Q1) How can you pamper yourself through bathroom design?
Q2) What are some budget-friendly ways to add luxury to a bathroom?
Q3) Can luxurious bathroom design also be ecofriendly? Share examples.
Q4) How does wellness fit into a pampered bathroom experience?
Q5) What are some creative ways to create a spa experience in a small bathroom?
Q6) Share images of bathrooms that you would love to be pampered in?
About Amba Products
Established in 2004, Amba Products had a clear goal in mind – to make the heated towel rack a must-have item for every bathroom in North America. While Europeans have been drying and warming their towels on heated towel racks for decades, most Americans have no experience with them. For many Americans, heated towel racks are viewed as expensive, not widely available, and seen only in the homes of the wealthy. A perception has persisted that they are a luxury item out of reach for the average American family.
Amba Products changed this view and is proud to be one of the first companies in the U.S. to introduce consumers to affordable, stylish heated towel racks made of high-quality stainless steel. Amba offers the most extensive variety of heated towel racks in the country and serves more than 200 retailers throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Located in Atlanta, Georgia, Amba Products is family-owned and operated.
Key Features: • 150 affordable models to choose from (special order available) • Made with high-quality 304-grade durable stainless steel (100-percent recyclable) • Energy efficient (only uses a much electricity as a few light bulbs) •Saves on water consumption as towels do not need to be laundered as often •Health & Wellness benefits include the reduction of mold and mildew •Ease of installation (mounted models can be installed by an electrician in a few hours, free-standing units simply need to be plugged-in) • Superior customer service and local support
1.) There are many ways to design with wellness in mind, from open-concept kitchens that encourage family interaction and food prep to proper lighting. What does the wellness trend mean to you?
2.) Consumers are becoming more conscious of not just their own health, but the health of the planet. Using sustainable building materials is more prevalent than ever before. How do you incorporate sustainable materials/elements into your designs?
3.) Your kitchen should serve as a retreat, not a pressure cooker. What tips do you have for streamlining design to avoid clutter and promote minimalism?
4.) What about for the bathroom? Share your favorite tips to stay organized and clutter free.
5.) An ideal Wellness Kitchen should be easy to maintain, user friendly for all ages and logically planned. Share your favorite Wellness Kitchen design and tell us why you love it.
6.) What about for the bathroom? Share your favorite Wellness Bathroom design ideas!
7.) How can the shower promote wellness?
8.) What wellness related products and ideas did you discover at KBIS?