We were intrigued by Nancy’s Voices From the Industry session at KBIS 2023 on American Craftsman: Designing the Heart of Daily Living and asked her to host KBtribechat on the topic. She brings her twenty plus years of expertise as a kitchen and bathroom designer on this fascinating aspect of design.
Nancy’s KBtribechat questions:
1. Are you aware of historical properties/buildings/districts in your city or town? Have a great example?
2. Do you know the Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties as defined by the Secretary of Interior?
3. Have you been involved with any of these properties? Either in design or as a docent?
4. Are there certain eras that are more popular than others in your area? Such as Arts & Crafts, Art Deco or MidCentury Modern?
5. Do you think any of these eras are more popular now across the US or is the popularity waning? Is Art Deco on the rise?
6. Give some examples of current resources to complete designs from these 3 eras.
Get your pictures ready because we will be sharing our KBIS 2023 insights. Those from our group who attended the show will tell about the new products they found and emerging trends they spotted, as well as show highlights.
Join us on Twitter from 2pm to 3pm eastern time by adding #KBtribechat to your tweets!
The KBtribechat questions:
We want to see a lot of pictures!
1. What were the most innovative products you saw at KBIS 2023?
2. Let’s talk trends. What did you see? What do you predict is here to stay? Share pics!
3. What did you see for the first time that you want to start including in your projects?
4. Did you learn anything at KBIS 2023 that will help you upsell your clients?
5. What were your favorite sightings of color? Any specific color trends?
6. What were your favorite finishes that you saw at the show?
7. What were your favorite moments during KBIS 2023?
Join in the fun and get connected in person during the Wednesday KBtribechat hour at the show. In person event participants will be entered to win a Beko HarvestFresh™ refrigerator and will go home with gifts!
Not attending KBIS? Join us online. We will be sharing our insights during the hour at #KBtribechat on Twitter.
We also have a new group Pinterest board for KBIS sharing. Let us know if you want to be added to the board.
Here are our discussion questions:
Q1: Here at Beko, we believe healthy living is only possible on a healthy planet, which inspires our 2023 Healthy Kitchen initiatives.
What are some Beko technologies you’re excited about?
Q2: Do you know how many plastic bottles wind up in landfills every year in the US?
Q3: Did you know that produce loses 30% of its nutrients three days after it is harvested? And did you know there is a way to slow down the nutrient loss in produce inside the refrigerator?
Q4: Net zero living is quickly becoming the new standard in the US. How is this trend impacting the decisions made by designers, builders, and homeowners?
Q5: Did you know that in order to have your dishwasher perform optimally you need to clean the filter every few months? How likely are your clients to sacrifice performance for convenience?
Q6: What is your favorite space in the Beko booth? Share photos!