Primary bathrooms have become spaces to relax and refresh both body and soul for our busy lives. No longer intended to just facilitate hygiene, these essential rooms are now designed to inspire through form and finish, as well as with light and layout. Biophilia is a strong element via nature-influenced forms and hues. The effect is luxurious, nuanced and personalized, and the goal is for clients to “bloom” in the space where they start and end their hectic days.
Explore the latest fixtures and faucets, furnishings, and opportunities to enhance your bathroom projects with wellness design consultant and Wellness by Design book author Jamie Gold, CKD, CAPS, MCCWC and global manufacturer and sponsor Duravit. This lively informative KBtribechat on Luxury Bathrooms (With a Wellness Design Emphasis) will take place on Wednesday, December 8th at 2 PM ET/11 AM PT.
Our KBtribchat Questions:
1. How have your primary bathroom projects changed in recent years in terms of budget, size and scope (e.g., incorporating walk-in closets, enhanced wellness features, dressing rooms, fitness areas, etc.)?
2. How does the concept of wellness play into bathroom projects in terms of design and product choice?
3. Are there certain materials and finishes, shapes and or wellness enhancements that you find are very popular in bathroom design at the moment?
4. From a wellness, hygiene and even technology standpoint, what are must-have features of today’s luxury bathroom (i.e., bidets, smart mirrors, etc.)?
5. The freestanding bathtub is often associated with luxury bathrooms, what are a few favorite designs for freestanding bathtubs and accompanying accessories (faucets, backrests, trays etc.)?
6. What are your go-to styles, sizes, configurations and finishes for bathroom sinks and lav faucets?
7. What does wellness design mean to you in terms of bathroom specifications? Show off some of your favorite wellness-enhancing primary bathroom spaces!
Spa-inspired bathrooms is not a new trend, but the demand for it is hotter than ever. The product experts at Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery are seeing more busy homeowners request products that transform their master bathrooms into a luxurious getaway – a visit to the spa within the confines of their own home. From customized toilet areas, to digital showering systems with personalized settings, today’s homeowners want a functional space that doubles as a luxurious retreat.
Join us for #KBtribechat on March 9th at 2 p.m. EST as we chat about the newest bathroom design trends and products to create a spa-inspired sanctuary.
Q1: What makes a bathroom luxurious?
Q2: From functional to decorative, how do you incorporate lighting into a bathroom retreat?
Q3: What are your favorite tech integrations for a luxurious bath?
Q4: How does personalization translate to luxury?
Q5: From water rooms to his/her areas, what new space planning ideas are being incorporated in to spa-like bathrooms?
About Mr. Steam Making Wellness a Way of Life®, Mr. Steam® provides the finest quality steam showers and towel warmers for residential and commercial use. Mr. Steam products help support a healthy lifestyle with innovative accessories, including AromaSteam™ aromatic oils system, ChromaSteam™ mood lighting system, in-shower Musictherapy® speakers, and in-shower seating to enhance the steam bathing experience. For more information, please visitwww.mrsteam.com or call toll-free: 1-800-76-STEAM.
Some recent media coverage reports that tubs are dead; long live the shower. Trend or not? What defines a sustainable, accessible yet luxurious bathing experience? Sponsored by Mr. Steam, US-based manufacturer of the world’s most luxurious steam showers and steam baths, our chat will cover these topics:
– How do you specify an enjoyable, yet sustainable shower system?
– Are your customers aware of home steam showers as an option for new or remodeled baths?
– How do you educate customers about the home steam shower option?
– Are you specifying tubs and whirlpools in home bathrooms? Why or why not?
– Let’s talk aging-in-place. Are you specifying walk-in tubs? Why or why not?
– Have you found a high-style option for shower safety: grab bars, seats, other options?
Our March 14 chat will be hosted by will be hosted by Nora DePalma of O’Reilly-DePalma, a marketing and public relations agency for the building products industry. Got ideas for other topics? Contact Nora or Mr. Steam via Twitter: @noradepalma, @steamtherapy.
Alesha E. Churba, Certified Aging in Place Specialist, is the coordinator and an instructor in the CADD Program at Idaho State University College of Technology. She is also the owner of A.E. Churba Design, LLC. Alesha writes about and advocates for aging in place and designing for the future.