Hosted by Dawn DeLuca
Dawn’s KBtribechat Questions:
1. Are you familiar with the term Living In Place? Can you see how this all encompassing term works for not only those who are aging in place or Living with disabilities but for our entire Population?
2. How can the design community help clients overcome the discomfort of talking about their Living In Place Needs?
3. What LIP products or design solutions do you wish your clients wouldn’t object to? And how do you overcome those objections?
4. Do you automatically incorporate LIP/Adaptable Design into your projects? If yes, how? If no, why not? What is holding you back from doing so?
5. Share some photos of LIP Products & Design applications that appeal to you! Is there a particular product that you always utilize?
6. Do you see an increase in the number of clients asking about Living In Place? Aging in Place? When the subject is brought up are you prepared to discuss it? What approach do you use? What tools would help you. Be prepared for the conversation.
7. How do we make LIP mainstream? What products, knowledge, & marketing materials would make it easier to introduce & implement LIP?
Dawn DeLuca, AKBD, CLIPP, CAPS has been in the Interior Design/Kitchen & Bath Industry for more than two decades. After her studies, at Mercy College and New York School of Interior Design, she established her own design firm (Transitions). With a roster of national and international clientele Dawn continues to be thrilled to help you, our client, achieve your vision for a beautiful, functional, accessible and safe home or workplace.
A founding principal of Camille Rossy, Dawn brings in-depth hands-on experience in every aspect of design, business, construction and project management. Her wealth of knowledge guarantees that your projects move efficiently from phase to phase. Dawn’s strong design industry connections (both national and international) and her commitment to continuing education ensure that you, our clients, receive the most up-to-date ideas and information.
Dawn currently holds three certifications, Associate Kitchen and Bath Designer (AKBD) from the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA); Certified Living in Place Professional (CLIPP) from The Living In Place Institute; and Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) from the National Association of Home Builders(NAHB).
With a strong commitment to volunteerism and seeing others succeed, Dawn actively participates in the NKBA, as a volunteer industry leader. The NKBA envisions a world where everyone enjoys safe, beautiful and functional spaces. Its mission is to inspire, lead and empower the Kitchen and bath industry, and ultimately the consumer, by providing Information, Education and Inspiration through marketplaces, networks and certification. A founding member of the Westchester Chapter of the NKBA, Dawn is currently a member of the National Generative Council. Is the immediate past Regional Director, of the American Northeast, and was a Member of the Board of Directors. This has led to a number of awards for her work, including 2012-2013 NAPW Woman of the Year.
Here’s a link to read the transcript for this KBtribechat.