Laundry rooms have moved out of the basement and garage to premium placement in a home’s main living areas. Rather than the utilitarian dungeons of old, these spaces are likely now to be spacious, sunny and stylish. They also work harder than ever before, often evolving into multi-tasking flex zones for hobbies, pets, pantry storage, device charging, family organizing and package handling.
This trend greatly accelerated during the Covid-19 pandemic, when the room’s appliances took on tremendous importance in handling clothing, linens, towels, and even well-worn stuffed animals! Their sanitizing power became a crucial component in a household’s health and well-being. Laundry appliances’ ability to help you get quickly back to the office (or your next Zoom meeting) in your favorite outfit counts too.
Explore the latest appliance types and configurations, performance features, and space planning opportunities to enhance your client projects. Explore too the links between laundry zones and wellness design for health-focused homeowners and builders.
Join wellness design consultant and Wellness by Design book author Jamie Gold, CKD, CAPS, MCCWC with global appliance manufacturer and sponsor LG for Wellness Design in the Laundry/Flex Room. This lively, informative KBtribechat will happen on Wednesday, September 15th at 2 PM ET/11 AM PT.
Our KBtribechat Questions:
- How have your laundry zone projects changed in recent years in terms of budget, size, and location within the home?
- Are you adding secondary laundry spaces in larger homes and, if so, which locations and what equipment)?
- For laundry/flex rooms, what additional functions are clients typically including (e.g., pantry, pets, package handling, other)?
- What laundry appliance features and benefits are being requested most often (e.g., space saving hacks; water and energy-saving; timesaving and convenience)?
- Is there more of a focus on wellness features like allergen-cleaning, sanitizing, steam, accessibility, and other considerations in their appliances – or are you suggesting them?
- Smart homes seem to be more popular by the day, are clients requesting more appliances with smart features?
- Laundry rooms have gotten more stylish and spendy in recent years. Show off some of your favorite spaces.
Book Cover > Wellness by Design (Tiller Press), © J. Gold // BLANCO
LG Photo > Photo Courtesy of LG Electronics USA