Susan has submitted these questions for our group discussion:
1. How is a contemporary kitchen design defined?
2. What are the trends in contemporary kitchens?
3. What role do countertops play in contemporary kitchen design?
4. How does appliance design support contemporary kitchen design?
5. What role does color play in contemporary kitchen design?
6. Describe some basic design elements in contemporary kitchen design.
Susan Serra, award winning designer, Certified Kitchen Designer (CKD) and Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS), has owned and operated a kitchen design firm for over 20 years. Susan is an industry brand consultant, speaker and a passionate observer of kitchen and bath sociological and product trends. A go-to source for the media on kitchen design, Susan has been featured over the years in Meredith publications, Oprah.com, HGTV, NY Times, LA Times, appearances on Martha Stewart radio and many other media outlets. Susan is founder of www.BornholmKitchen.com, www.ScandinavianMade.com and authors the blog,www.TheKitchenDesigner.org