A mid-year review
Sponsored and Hosted by GE Appliances
This is Cafe.
From mixed metals to new matte finishes we’re discussing the materials and styles that are on trend in kitchen design. Join us for a Twitter Chat hosted by GE Appliances on Wednesday, August 22 at 2 pm ET to discuss your favorite looks in the kitchen.
Another beautiful Café kitchen.
Our KBtribechat questions:
1. What finishes or materials are trending in kitchen design?
2. What is the biggest design request you hear from people who are remodeling their kitchen?
3. How has the rise of open floor plans affected kitchen design?
4. What do you believe drives appliance choices? Design or Tech?
5. Do you believe in mixing and matching finishes, why or why not?
6. What finish or design element do you wish existed out there for appliances?
Black Café appliances, yes please!
Here’s a link to view the transcript for this KBtribechat.
A design discussion
Sponsored and Hosted by BlueStar Cooking
What Does Your Dream Kitchen Look Like? Do you dream in monochromatic or in color? Is performance equal to design in your customers’ eyes or does one take precedence over the other? What’s trending now – and what would you like to see trending next – whether it’s design or function or both. How can we incorporate storing and preparation into the kitchen design? Join BlueStar® for a timely post-KBIS chat on what you’re crushing on now and what makes the perfect kitchen design.
Our KBtribechat Questions:
- If you could design your dream kitchen, what would it look like?
- What style trends are you crushing on that you didn’t three years ago? Show pictures!
- 2018 has seen its share of colors of the year – from Ultra Violet, to Hot Red to Oceanside. Do these colors really affect kitchen design?
- In what ways so you incorporate color in the kitchen to stay on trend, and yet be timeless?
- What are the most prevalent finishes in appliances today? Are you projects leaning more towards color or is Stainless still King?
- When it comes to appliances, what finish or color would you like to see? What colors are you seeing dominate in the kitchen in general today? Show pictures!
- Function or Color/Design: Which is more important to your clients?
- How do you incorporate function into a design for clients who love to cook?
- How would you define true commercial style kitchen design? What elements do your clients ask you for and why?
- How important are the appliances when designing? How important are customization options in appliances – whether it’s size, cooktop configurations, moveable parts or color and trims.
- We all know that a range is an important ingredient in any chef’s kitchen, but what about the refrigerator? How important is the fridge? In storage and capacity? In overall appearance? In function? Which size do you prefer? Do you prefer Swing or French Door?
- Pop-Up survey – where do you go to get kitchen design inspiration? What publications and/or blogs/websites do you read the most?From
Join this Twitter Chat conversation
on Wednesday, January 24
from 2 to 3pm eastern
by adding #KBtribechat to your tweets!
Here’s a link to the transcript for this KBtribechat.
1.) INDUCTION COOK-TOPS ~ Tell us what you think.
~ Are your clients asking for them?
~ What are the pros and cons?
2.) Have you specified STEAM MICROWAVES or STEAM CONVECTION OVENS?
Tell us what your experience is with them, if any.
3.) What appliances are you excited about?
4.) Appliance COLOR ~ What’s hot?
~ Is stainless steel still going strong?
5.) What appliances are your clients using?