A design discussion hosted by color expert Amy Wax.
Amy’s KBtribechat Questions:
- Green gives a fresh, natural feel, a perfect concept when it comes to food. What are great ways of adding green to your kitchen design?
- Texture has become such an important feature in all forms of design. Name some great ways of bringing texture into your kitchen or bath designs?
- Is there a single element that motivates your color palette such as cabinetry, dishes or flow from other rooms?
- What tools have you used to match the colors of your counters or dishes to create a more fluid design?
- What is the better direction to go in – White & Efficient OR Colorful & Inviting?
- As designers do you prefer warm or cool colors in your kitchen and bathroom decor? Explain!
- How have color trends affected kitchen or bathroom design over the years?
About Amy Wax
Award-Winning Professional Color Consultant & Creator of Color911®
Amy works with architects, designers, builders and homeowners to select the colors for paints and other products that help their projects stand out. Eighteen years ago, she created Your Color Source Studios Inc., a firm that specializes in selecting colors for residential and commercial architectural use. A list of the company’s many projects include aiding in the development of color palettes for a Fortune 500 company, color and product selection for two projects that received Gold LEED status from the U.S. Government’s Green Building Council, and the creation of color palettes for numerous residential and commercial buildings.
Amy created the Color911® app and blog to help people add color to their lives—whether someone is selecting colors for their home or business, or selecting colors for fashion, graphic design or another artistic use. The app shows how color enriches our lives, and it turns what is a difficult process for some into something that is truly satisfying and fun. Just a few of the accolades it has received have been being named a “Product of the Year” by This Old House Magazine, a “Can’t-Live-Without” app by Architectural Digest and a “Must-Have Resource” by Lonny Magazine. Amy hopes that Color911® helps you find the colors you love most, and inspires you to add color to your life!
Amy has a fantastic instagram feed. We recommend you follow her there too for color inspiration!
Join this Twitter Chat discussion
on Wednesday, December 9th
from 2 to 3pm eastern time
by adding #KBtribechat to your tweets!
Here’s the transcript for this KBtribechat.